While there’s nothing better than hitting the open road, with the wind in your hair and your eye on the horizon, there’s also nothing worse than having an important phone call to your cell phone suddenly cut out.
This is where cell phone signal boosters can come into their own. If your RV frequently encounters areas with weak cell phone signals, a signal booster will help you get additional calling, texting, and 4G connectivity.
Choosing the best signal booster provider will depend on a few different things, such as the vehicle’s type and size, the strength of the outside signal, and the number of users.
So which one do you go for between SureCall vs WeBoost? They both offer the user some similar benefits, but there are some critical differences between them. Let’s take a closer look.
Main Differences between SureCall vs WeBoost
Think that all cell phone signal boosters are the same? Think again! Here are some of the main differences between SureCall vs WeBoost.
- SureCall signal boosters are really sturdy when mounted on your RV, whereas WeBoost signal boosters aren’t quite as sturdy.
- SureCall boosters can come equipped with additional antennas to boost connectivity, whereas WeBoost signal boosters don’t come with any additional/optional antenna
- SureCall provides a connectivity boost to North America, America, and Canada, whereas WeBoost only works in the US and Canada.
- SureCall offers a 3-year warranty, whereas WeBoost only supplies you with a 1-year warranty
- SureCall products are slightly cheaper, whereas WeBoost devices are a bit more pricey.
- SureCall doesn’t cover such large areas with their signal boosters as WeBoost, whereas WeBoost signal boosters can offer more robust connectivity across a larger area
Let’s take a closer look at the intricacies and the differences between SureCall vs WeBoost.
SureCall – What You Should Know
Founded in Silicon Valley back in 2001, SureCall has slowly become one of the leaders in cell phone signal boosters with their innovative blend of top-notch tech and creative designs.
In fact, their products have been so well-made, they’ve received several awards, including the CE Pro BEST 2015 Award and the Technology Integrator EXC!TE 2015 Award, as well as being named the Best Commercial Integrator in both 2014 and 2015.
So as we’re sure you’ll agree, SureCall makes some excellent products! They address the ever-changing requirements of our modern cell phones with their robust and technologically advanced devices that are proven to boost all kinds of cell phone providers and improve broadband usage too.
SureCall also offers a 3-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee across all of their products. This means that you can be sure of a quick and painless experience if you have any device problems.
Let’s take a look at the different devices that SureCall offers for RV users.
SureCall – Mobile Boosters for RVs
As well as 5 different mobile boosters ideally suited for vehicles (RVs included), SureCall also offers various devices for home and office. All SureCall cell signal boosting devices improve voice, text, and 4G signals for all US cell carriers, including the major players like Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile.
Here are the products they offer specifically for vehicles:
- N-Range 2.0
- Fusion2Go 3.0
- Fusion2Go Max
- Fusion2Go 3.0 Fleet
- Fusion2Go 3.0 RV
Some of these devices are better suited for smaller vehicles, which can include small RVs and motorhomes. We’ll have a look at each one separately to see which one might be best suited for your vehicle, as each one offers varying degrees of the strength of signal boosting.
The simplest device offered by SureCall, the N-Range 2.0 only has 2 components – yet despite its diminutive size, it really packs a punch. Ideal for single users, the N-Range 2.0 boosts all 3G, 4G, and even 5G signals by keeping you connected with distant and hard-to-reach cell towers. It takes minutes to set up and boosts all North American carriers.
- Compatible with all cellular devices.
- Multiple cradle mounting options.
- Quick and easy 3-step install.
- Easily transferable to other vehicles.
- 3-year warranty and lifetime US-based tech support.
Another smaller device with some serious power, the Fusion2Go 3.0 provides you with twice the uplink power for the very best performance, even in the most remote areas that have the weakest signal. Supporting multiple users across 3G, 4G, and 5G, the Fusion2Go 3.0 is so powerful, it can even help you get a bit of work done while you’re on the road.
- Supports multiple simultaneous users.
- Boosts hotspots as well as extending battery life.
- Maximum gain and power wherever you are in the US.
- Compatible with all US Carriers and cellular devices.
- 3-year warranty and lifetime US-based tech support.
Another device best suited to smaller vehicles, the Fusion2Go Max offers the fastest speeds and the longest cell tower reach out of all their products.
Compatible with all cellular devices and North American carriers and hotspots, it also helps extend your device’s battery life. With the Fusion2Go Max, you can expect the best performance even in the most challenging scenarios.
- Designed, assembled, and tested in the US.
- Bypasses cable loss and produces faster data speeds.
- Increases the uplink transmission power two-fold.
- Supports 4G and 5G devices.
- Compatible with all North American cell carriers
Fusion2Go 3.0 Fleet
A worthy addition to the Fusion2Go family, the Fusion2Go 3.0 Fleet is the most powerful cell phone signal booster for any user, specifically fleet drivers who require a fixed antenna solution.
This permanent antenna fixture can withstand even the most rugged conditions. The Fusion2Go 3.0 Fleet is the best permanently mounted booster for maintaining cell signal on the market.
- Maximum gain throughout the most remote areas.
- Multiple simultaneous users.
- Supports 4G and 5G networks
- Works across all North American carriers, as well as all devices and hotspots
- Lifetime US-based tech support and a 3-year warranty.
Fusion2Go 3.0 RV
Perfectly optimized for RVs, trailers, and motorhomes, the Fusion2Go 3.0 RV is perfect for multiple users. Like some of the other Fusion2Go products on offer, it doubles the uplink from nearby cell towers.
This means that users can remain connected even in areas of the weakest signal and can enjoy reliable and robust connectivity for both work or pleasure – whatever you might need!
- Supports multiple simultaneous users.
- Supports both 4G and 5G networks.
- Compatible with all device models and all North American cell network carriers.
- Designed, built, and carefully tested in the US.
- 3-year warranty (industry best) and lifetime US-based tech support.
Are There Any Good Alternatives to SureCall Signal Boosters?
Take a look at these alternatives to SureCall if you don’t think that SureCall is good for you.
Features WiFi and Bluetooth compatibility, making it a super-powered signal booster and a great alternative to SureCall.
A digital booster rather than an analog booster, Cel-Fi has exceptionally high gain while on the move, making it a surefire contender to SureCall’s throne.
A booster that doesn’t take up any space on the inside of your RV, yet supplies a boost in signal like the best of them.
WeBoost – What You Should Know
A relatively new company producing cell phone signal boosting devices, WeBoost is a subsidiary of the electronics giant Wilson Electronics. Since 2001, WeBoost has been offering cell signal boosters for the home, the office, and various vehicles, winning several awards along the way too.
Their products have specially-designed mono-directional and omnidirectional antennas that amplify each signal that they find, even the weakest ones. Using bespoke software called SmartBoost, WeBoost devices adjust to signals for maximum performance rather than simply latching on to any signal and amplifying that signal.
A cell signal booster is one of the essential accessories for any roadtripper or weekender out there. If you’re looking for more accessories to make your journey on the open road a bit more comfortable, have a look at our ultimate guide to RV accessories.
WeBoost – RV Cell Phone Signal Boosters
WeBoost offer a smaller selection of cell phone signal boosters, with only three boosters on offer. They also provide cell phone signal boosters for cars, trucks, and the home. We’ll be having a look at the 3 cell phone signal boosters they offer for RVs in particular. These boosters include the following products:
- Destination RV
- Drive Reach RV
- Drive X RV
Not all of these cell phone signal boosters offered by WeBoost will be functional while you’re on the move – the Destination RV only works properly when you’ve stopped. The other two products can work either while you’re on the move or parked up. Let’s take a closer look at each of these WeBoost products.
One of the best things about WeBoost cell phone signal boosters is the antenna they come with, and the Destination RV is no different.
Featuring a 25-foot directional telescoping antenna, the Destination RV cell phone signal booster is specially designed for extended stays in remote areas. Instantly improving talk, text, and even streaming in even the most remote areas, this is the signal booster for any trailer, RV, or larger motorhome.
- 5G compatibility.
- Supports multiple simultaneous users and all cellular devices, as well as tablets.
- Drill-free installation.
- Compatible with all US network carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint.
- Set-up and takedown in just 10 minutes.
- Prices start at $649.99, with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Drive Reach RV
Capable of reaching the farthest cell towers while on the move or parked up, the Drive Reach RV truly does reach as far as you can imagine! Featuring an all-new omnidirectional antenna, you’ll quickly be saying goodbye to dropped calls and welcome in improved voice quality and high-speed streaming across multiple devices.
It comes with a quick-to-install exterior ladder mount option for the 20.5-foot antenna, as well as a spring base that is capable of resisting low branches and high winds.
- Capable of reaching the farthest towers and supplying high data speeds and signal.
- Compatible with all network carriers and all devices.
- Works with 5G networks.
- Boosts multiple devices and users for simultaneous usage.
- 30-day money-back guarantee and US-based customer support.
- Prices start at $499.99, available from the WeBoost website.
Drive X RV
If phone and internet connectivity are crucial parts of your job, and you find yourself urgently in need when you’re on the road, then the Drive X RV is the cell signal booster for you. In fact, as soon as you start using it, you’ll wonder what you were doing without it!
Capable of working both on the move and when parked up, it can be used by multiple devices simultaneously and is compatible with all devices under the sun.
- Omnidirectional RV antenna.
- Ideal for RVs, motorhomes, and trailers.
- Compatible with all phones and cellular devices.
- 5G ready.
- Functions both on the move and when stationary.
- Priced at $479.99 and available on the WeBoost website.
What Are Some Good WeBoost Alternatives?
If you don’t think that WeBoost products are a good fit for you, then here are some of the best alternatives available today.
Cisco offers up a fantastic wireless cell phone booster that rivals both WeBoost and SureCall’s devices.
Offering excellent compatibility with all the North American networks, Anntlent’s signal booster is a worthy alternative.
Another of Wilson Electronic’s companies, Wilson create some excellent cell phone signal boosters that can be used in RVs, trailers, and motorhomes.
SureCall – Pros and Cons
- Supports 3G, 4G, and 5G networks
- Multiple different products available
- 3-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee
- Only some products have multiple usage availability
- Fewer antenna options meaning limited coverage strength
WeBoost – Pros and Cons
- Supports 5G products.
- Very powerful omnidirectional antenna that reaches the farthest cell towers.
- All products can be used by multiple devices and users.
- Not all devices can be used while on the move.
- Products are all quite expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions: SureCall vs WeBoost
Let’s take a look at some of the more commonly asked questions regarding SureCall and WeBoost
Question: How do cell signal boosters work?
Answer: Cell signal boosters capture any signal, strengthens it, and redistributes the improved signal around the established area.
Question: Are they easy to install?
Answer: SureCall pride themselves on the ease of installing their products, often only requiring a 3-step process. All their products, excluding the Fusion2Go 3.0 Fleet, are quick and easy to install – the Fleet requires a small hole to be drilled for the antenna.
Answer: There are a few different ways of improving cell signal, even if you don’t have a booster.
Get outside of your RV – cell signal isn’t often able to penetrate the body of a vehicle, so try stepping out of the vehicle to get a signal.
Find an open space – try to avoid anything that might block the signal, like trees, mountains, or buildings. Higher places also might offer a better line of sight to the nearest cell tower too.
Ensure your cell phone is fully charged – a full battery on your cell phone will mean it has more power to send and receive signals.
Answer: Distance from a cell tower, the cell tower’s user capacity, and objects between you and the cell tower can all cause bad cell reception. The more items or distance between a cell phone or cellular device and a cell tower, the weaker the signal.
Answer: Unfortunately, a cell phone signal booster like the devices offered by WeBoost can’t perform miracles and get signal wherever you might be, no matter what the obstacles are. Still, they can certainly try and get signal from the nearest cell tower!
Answer: It’s been proved that removing your cell phone case can actually help you get more signal if your cell phone is in a case. It may be a slight increase in signal, but every little helps if you are in remote areas.
SureCall vs WeBoost – Which Is Better?
Sometimes, even when we’re trying to escape from our day-to-day and the grind of work, it can catch up with us. If we find ourselves in the middle of the desert and suddenly have a pressing professional emergency, it can be a nightmare to dot the i’s and cross the t’s.
This is where devices like cell phone signal boosters come into their own, and both SureCall and WeBoost truly dominate the market.
It’s tricky to make a call between SureCall vs WeBoost as they both offer excellent devices that can help you out in the stickiest of situations, but if we had to choose one, we’d go for WeBoost.
While they don’t have as many different products as SureCall and are slightly more expensive, the devices they do offer you are extremely powerful and can reach the very farthest cell towers.
Plus, they’re all compatible with multiple users and devices, meaning if you’ve taken the kids on a road trip, you can sort out those niggling bits of work while they enjoy their favorite Netflix show!
Which one would you choose? Let us know in the comments!